The Youth Are Starting To Change

>> Wednesday 25 June 2008

From the "I Had No Idea They Still Exist File": early 90s alternative rockers Blind Melon, armed with new lead singer Travis Warren, are playing Silverado's on September 29th. I suspect he'll sound similar to Shannon Hoon, but I can't say for sure.

Hard to believe the massive phenomenon that was "No Rain" occurred 16 years ago...

Also guitar legend Joe Satriani will be shreddin' it up at The Burt on October 6th. I'm sure that'll be a helluva show.

***
It's time for three more entries to the patent-pending
Super-Fun All-Star Sunshine Music Review

Arist: Sigur Ros
Album: með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust

My one (compound) sentence review: "It's like the collective members of Sigur Ros had this sudden epiphany: "we've essentially perfected the orchestral space-rock sound - let's change it up with some stripped-down, accessible pop numbers...at least for half an album."
___

Artist: Foals
Album: Antidotes

My one (compound) sentence review: "A near e-e-e feeling pattern emerged in me upon listening to these 14 alt-rock tracks: excitement, excitement, ennui, excitement, excitement, ennui, etc. - still, three dull, directionless songs ain't bad."
___

Artist: MGMT
Album: Oracular Spectacular

My one (compound) sentence review: "Album opener "Time To Pretend" is quite possibly my favourite song of the year and must be played in a continuous loop; the remaining numbers, well, they lack the refreshing, Mint Julep-ish feel of track one."


Current rotation: Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP