Plants And Animals - Live At The Park Theatre

>> Tuesday 24 March 2009


Have you ever been tired, grumpy, and really not in the mood to see a show? And to add insult to injury, the weather is bonkers and your favourite team, The Edmonton Oilers, are on TV doing battle with The Detroit Red Wings and desperately need your coach potato support? But, since you've already bought tickets you go anyways?

Yeah? Well, then you can relate to my night.

Fortunately, Plants And Animals' show at the Park Theatre was beyond awesome, and I am so glad I went.

Local denizens Crosstown Rivals kicked the show off and were quite fun. They sorta have a vintage indie-dance-rock sound reminiscent of The Strokes, and based on what I heard could be an integral part of the local scene in the years to come.

It was my second time seeing Plants and Animals live, the first being back in October when they were part of the Born Ruffians' show at the Pyramid. Back then, I was completely unfamiliar with them, but was happily engrossed throughout. The next day I bought their record and essentially let it have its way with my ears for a couple weeks. Regular blog readers know it was one of my favourite records of '08.

This time around I was familiar with their sound and could really appreciate the nuances of their dynamic live show - the songs were tweaked just a little by the energetic trio and the end result was something magical. Plus they inserted a couple new tunes into the main set, and I'm sure I'm not the only one eagerly awaiting their follow-up to Parc Avenue.

The only downer of the evening? Edmonton lost. But they probably would've lost had I watched anyway. Well, most likely.

Infinite Playlist: The Go! Team - Proof of Youth

1 comments:

Anonymous,  26 March 2009 at 00:12  

agreed.
great feel good show.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP