In Winnipeg Music News...The 2011 Folk Festival Main Stage Schedule

>> Friday 29 April 2011

As per the Winnipeg Folk Festival's site, the 2011 Main Stage Lineup was announced just now and is pasted below.

Wednesday, July 6​​
Melissa McClelland
The Jayhawks
Blue Rodeo

Thursday, July 7
Ordo Sakhna
David Wax Museum
The Del McCoury Band with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band
M. Ward
Tegan and Sara

Friday, July 8​​
Dan Mangan
Sarah Jarosz
k.d. lang and the Siss Boom Bang
Lucinda Williams
Toots and the Maytals

Saturday, July 9
​Tim Robbins and the Rogues Gallery Band
Spiro
Tinariwen
Little Feat
Caravan Palace

Sunday, July 10​
Blackie & the Rodeo Kings
Naomi Shelton & the Gospel Queens
Jeff Tweedy


For the 5-dayers out there: which day inspires you the most to wake up at 4 a.m. and tarp run?

For the day trippers (ie- me): is Thursday's lineup enough of a draw to ignore the Hip/BSS/Hey Rosetta party? If not, which day will you be attending?

Me: Sunday. Reason: Jeff Tweedy. 

6 comments:

Susana Meza 29 April 2011 at 13:42  

to be sincere, I read M. Ward and forgot all about the other big show of that night! (I have, however, seen him 3 times already, but 3 times are not enough, it seems)

Anonymous,  29 April 2011 at 15:25  

I dunno. There's not one day that really stands out...but i'll be attending the entire festival anyway.

willlllll,  30 April 2011 at 11:30  

I agree that there isn't one day that stands out - but Thursday and Sunday have the two acts I'd like to see (M.Ward & Jeff Tweedy).
I'll reserve my decision for the Blue-Stem line-up to be announced.

PatMcP,  1 May 2011 at 12:31  

Yup, that Hip/BSS/Hey Rosetta show is calling us, and we will be driving into the city for that night to see it.

Oh, the paradox of too much choice.

Anonymous,  1 May 2011 at 12:50  

M. Ward is who I want to see most.
I guess I'll be missing the Shaw concert. Unfortunate that they are on the same night.

Especially unfortunate considering that the FF lineup as a whole is weaker this year than others.

Anonymous,  1 May 2011 at 13:07  

I am also waiting for the Blue Stem (Big Blue?) lineup. I had a fabulous time there during the evening over the last few years.

I hope that Hey Rosetta can also preform at the festival.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP