Thinking in Lists - Revisiting my top 5 shows of all time

>> Monday 19 March 2007

Over the weekend I read High Fidelity by Nick Hornby and have been thinking in lists ever since. I've subsequently decided to compose some music-related lists on my blog but remembered I had already posted a top 5 shows of all time list a week and a half ago. Oops. So much for my original idea.

For now, I thought I'd revisit that list and post the actual dates the shows occurred. After all - as pointed out by a friend of mine - the Smashing Pumpkins have come here twice. Wilco too (AT LEAST twice).

So, here is my top 5 shows of all time list with dates:


1. Sigur Ros in Minneapolis on September 24, 2005
This was unreal. If you haven't seen them, I suggest you make a point of doing so.

2. Wilco in Winnipeg on July 1, 2006
Jeff Tweedy is surreptitiously emerging as one of the best contemporary performers and songwriters.

3. Final Fantasy in Winnipeg on September 13, 2006
I wasn't really a big fan before attending this show. Boy, did that change after seeing Owen Pallett (FF) live.

4. Radiohead in Vancouver on August 30, 2003
There is a reason Radiohead is considered a modern version of the Beatles.

5. The Smashing Pumpkins in Winnipeg on September 24, 1996
This was the first real concert I've attended, and as far as my memory stretches, I loved every minute of it.

More lists to come...

Current rotation: Interpol/Imitation Electric Piano

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP