The Halcyon Days Of Youth

>> Wednesday 6 February 2008

When I was in my early teens I worshiped the Smashing Pumpkins. One of my best friends and I would track their every move; hunt down singles, b-sides, japanese and uk imports, and live recordings with a fervent passion; learn their songs verbatim on guitar; line our walls with posters of the band; watch their, at times, imaginative videos (I still think 'Tonight, Tonight' is one of the best videos ever). Plus my first real concert was the Pumpkins in 96 at the Arena. I still have the newspaper review.

But then, they started sucking.

Big Time.

Around the Machina era.

Anyways, it is said friend's (Phil) bday today, so I thought I'd post a video for him (and for all of your enjoyment) from a time when the Pumpkins didn't suck. Happy birthday Phil! Enjoy!


Current rotation: Death Cab For Cutie - Plans

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP