Happy My Bloody Valentine's Day!

>> Thursday 14 February 2008

So.

My original intention was to make a Valentine's Day mix of my favourite love songs, but this week's been busier than I prefer, so that didn't happen.

In fact, I completely forgot today was Valentine's Day until sometime this morning. So I spent the rest of the day combing the gossamer depths of my long-term memory and searching frantically through my music collection hoping to find that one perfect love song. What I was looking for was a song with the message:"I assure you, love is a good thing."

I thought for sure The Cure would hold the answer, but I realized most of Robert Smith's work is elegiac and, at times, melodramatic, and that didn't suit today's purposes. "Friday I'm In Love" though, was a finalist.

I then turned to Death Cab. Same thing. Ben Gibbard sure loves his melancholic ballads. And I have no problems with them, but today they weren't what I was looking for.

Next I asked myself "Does the oft-dubbed leaders of the romantic-pop movement, Montreal's Stars, have the answer?" Maybe. I've always felt a strong pull toward "Elevator Love Letter".

But then, it hit me like a sack of doorknobs: That sweet, touching, quirky Juno song. The line "I'm in love with how you feel" is brilliant.

Happy Valentine's Day Folks! Enjoy!

What are some of your favourite love songs?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP