Red Squirrel In The Mornin'

>> Wednesday 7 January 2009

A veritable member of indie-rock royalty is gracing out town with his regal presence: Bonnie "Prince" Billy will be at the Pyramid on March 21st. You can bet this'll sell out, so get your tickets on the asap (I have no idea when they go on sale though). I'm pretty excited.

Junior Boys are sure to get everyone dancing away remnants of winter blues at the Pyramid on April 4th. I'll probably hit this too.

Montreal's BEAST are also at the Pyramid on February 24th.

Winnipeg heroes The Weakerthans have added a second show: they will also be playing The Burt on April 18th.

Update: Presale password for The Weakerthans' second show is tundra. Ticket sales commence Thursday at 10.

Infinite Playlist: Fleet Foxes - S/T

4 comments:

BMS 7 January 2009 at 09:34  

Saw junior Boys last time they were here. The loudest (but very good sounding) show I've been to at the Pyramid.

BPB should be good too...

Have you heard anything about The Gaslight Anthem coming here?

Mykael 7 January 2009 at 21:49  

I haven't. I see they have a few days downtime between Minneapolis and Calgary, so there's some geographical/itinerant sense in them rolling through.

Let's hope!

Unknown 8 January 2009 at 13:20  

The last time I saw Junior Boys, I think they opened for Manitoba/Caribou at the Pyramid, and you're right Ben... That was one motherflippin' loud show. I brought earplugs that time though. The first time I went to see Manitoba, I ended up seriously damaging my ears. My ears were ringing for 2 days after seeing that show. I now strive to bring earplugs to each show I attend to avoid causing further damage to my tinnitus-affected head-mounted sound holes. I like music, and I would like to be able to listen to it for many more years to come.

Mykael 8 January 2009 at 13:48  

To this day, I have never seen so many people with their fingers in their ears at a concert.

Earplug lesson learned.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP