>> Tuesday, December 13, 2011
It’s that time again, Dear Readers.
Time for this blogger to start compiling and listening to the plethora of 2011 releases I've amassed over the past 365 or so days, then whittling down the albums into a definite, all-mighty, and conversation-starting "Top Ten Records of 2K11 List". And maybe even pen a few comments about why I simply lived for each pick.
Like years past, I invite you to take part in all the maniacal, exhibitionist fun that comes with list constructing.
Here’s how it’ll work:
Email me, by Wednesday, December 21st @ noon CST, a list of your favourite records released between January 1, 2011 and now. I will compile all the results and, on December 23rd, publish the "Top 10 Albums of the Year…as Voted by Painting Over Silence Blog Readers" final results.
And if the gleeful, unbridled bliss that comes with year-end list-making isn’t enough incentive, I’ve got further encouragement: those who submit a top-ten list to me will be entered to win $20 worth of gift certificates to our local music shop Music Trader.
A few things:
1. I realize not everyone will have ten favourite records released in 2011. That’s okay. The minimum number is one and the maximum is, of course, ten. So, if Nickelback's Here and Now is the only album you really liked this year, you may still email it in to me should you wish to admit such a thing.
2. Order matters…to an extent. The top album on your list gets three points; the second best two; 3-10 are awarded one point. If you only liked one album this year, it gets three points.
3. Please do not send attachments. Simply paste your list and the optional comments in the body of an email.
4. EPs may be included.
5. No re-released/re-mastered/re-packaged/re-imagined albums.
6. I won't be publishing individual lists, but please feel free to post yours on December 23rd under the comments section.
6. My email is on the right side, under “About Me.”
Happy list cobblin’!
Oh, and for last year's results click here.