Painting Over Silence Presents....The Best Records Of 2008 Blog Readers Poll

>> Monday 1 December 2008

For audiophiles, cinema buffs, and possibly even book lovers, December often marks the laboured and joyful construction of year-end best-of lists. These ubiquitous lists usually adopt a Top 10 format with #1 being, naturally, the best of that art form over the past 365.

As an avid music blogger constructing these best-of lists is, without a doubt, the musical highlight of my year. In a week or so, I’ll dive head first through my music collection, taking note of each and every record I posses that has been released this year, a glint of manic glee in my eyes. Then, the intense listening and whittling will begin, eventually culminating into an easy-to-read, I hope, Top 10 list.

This year, I invite you to take part in all the zany fun that comes with list-making. Here’s how it’ll work:

Email me, by December 21, a list of your favourite records released between January 1, 2008 and, uh, December 21st, 2008, I guess. I will compile all the results and, on December 22nd, publish the Top 10 Albums of the Year…as voted by Painting Over Silence blog readers.

A few things:

1. I realize not everyone will have ten favourite records released in 2008. That’s okay. The minimum criteria is one and the maximum is ten. So, if Vampire Weekend’s summery good-time-of-a-pop-record is the only album you really liked this year, email me.

2. Order matters…to an extent. The top album on your list gets three points; the second best two; 3-10 are awarded one point. If you only liked one album this year, it gets three points.

3. Feel free to write something about that album, but please keep it short - a sentence or two. For example, say you loved MGMT’s Oracular Spectacular. Your comment about it could be succinct “Incandescent!” or longer “I played this album in an eternal loop for nine weeks…and I’m still not sick of it”. Write-ups are optional. If you want to just submit a list, that’s cool with me.

4. If you do write a comment about an album AND that album makes the final top 10 cut, I’ll be posting all comments about that record. However, out of respect to privacy, I’ll just write your first name. If you don’t want that, then PLMK and I’ll write “Anonymous”.

5. Please do not send attachments. Simply paste your list and the optional comments in the body of an email.

6. My email is on the right side, under “About Me”.

Happy list constructin’ !


***
The Liptonians rock the Lo Pub this Friday, the 5th.



Infinite Playlist: Kings of Convenience - Quiet Is The New Loud

2 comments:

Rieds 2 December 2008 at 08:47  

If I liked (or loved) an album enough, can I include it twice on my list? ;)

Anonymous,  2 December 2008 at 10:14  

We already have a stack of 2008 CDs on our coffee table just waiting to be rated.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP