11 Questions...With The Perms

>> Tuesday 26 May 2009


Winnipeg's own The Perms are a melodic rock/pop band who are starting to turn heads round these parts. The trio's fourth longplayer Keeps You Up When You're Down dropped in January and is garnering acclaim from fans and critics alike, even scoring a favourable review from our very own Uptown this week.

Chad Smith from the band recently took part in my increasingly popular, patent-pending 11 questions segment and here's what he had to say:

1. Where are you right now?

In my cold basement, on the computer.

2. Who is the best Winnipeg-based band (other than your own, of course)?

I'd probably say...The Guess Who. Are they still playing together?

3. What are your top three, all-time favourite records?

Rubber Soul by The Beatles
Pet Sounds
by The Beach Boys
Out Of The Blue by Electric Light Orchestra.

4. What is the best restaurant in Winnipeg?

Tony Roma's, they have the tastiest onion bloom I've ever eaten!

5. Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert?

I don't really watch either of them, so I can't give a fair opinion.

6. Would you rather have Invisibility or Flight?

Probably invisibility, 'cause then I could get into any concert/event for free!

7. What is one song you love, but dismiss as “a guilty pleasure”?

"Hey Ya" by OutKast - I know all the words.

8. What’s the worst bus route in Winnipeg?

I don't take the bus, so I don't really know; I use a horse & buggy instead.

9. What was the last great concert you saw?

Def Leppard at the MTS Center (I'm not sure why so many people were sitting down during a rock concert).

10. What book(s) are you currently reading?

Slash's autobiography - it's interesting how much he talks about Steven Adler from "Celebrity Rehab."

11. And finally…who’s your favourite New Kid on the Block (Donnie, Danny, Joey, Jordan, or Jonathan)?

I don't know...the first one that dies?

1 comments:

Unknown 27 May 2009 at 23:48  

Great answer to Q11!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP