11 Questions With...The Main Drag

>> Tuesday 23 June 2009


Hailing from Beantown, The Main Drag are a indie-rock band with fiery hype trailing behind them like a comet's tail. Salon.com dubbed them "Best Unsigned Artist", a tune of their was prominently featured in Rock Band 2, and their album reached #78 on the highly coveted CMJ charts. Pretty impressive for a quintet without a label backing them! And, when not making buzz-worthy records, all the guys work for Harmonix, the video game developing company about to release the much-anticipated Rock Band: Beatles into the world.

Despite their enviably cool day jobs, The Main Drag are out promoting their latest album, Yours as Fast as Mine, all around North America, a trek which sees them land at the Lo Pub on June 24th (tomorrow!).

I've got a copy of Yours as Fast as Mine to give away. If you want one, flip me a quick email by noon on Sunday with the subject line "The Main Drag - CD Giveaway" and be sure to include your full name. The usual rules and regulations apply: one entry per person, winner will be drawn randomly then emailed, etc.

On top of sending me a disc to offer up to my readers, the band's tv-loving drummer John Drake answered 11 Qs. Here's what the amiable fellow had to say:

1. Where are you right now?

I'm in a hotel room in downtown Los Angeles. We just finished E3, a huge video game show, where our crew was showing off and demoing the new game, The Beatles: Rock Band. We did about 40 demos in 3 days and spent most of that time singing harmonies, so I'm currently lying face down in a heap!

2. Which album boasts the best cover art?

I'm still a big fan of the collages of Sgt. Peppers or Revolver stand out.

3. What are your top three, all-time favourite records?

Speaking for me, I'm a big fan of Change by The Dismemberment Plan, Live at Leeds by The Who and Purple Rain by Prince.

4. PC or Mac?

Mac all the way. We mix and track on a PC now, but everything else lives on our Mac Laptops.

5. Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert?

I've got to go with Colbert (though it's a tight race). His musicality turns it for me...did you know he was in a new wave band, Stephen and the Colberts? You should google their smash hit "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)"

6. Would you rather have Invisibility or Flight?

Flight. We travel a lot and the ability to leapfrog traffic would be wicked helpful.

7. What is one song you love, but dismiss as “a guilty pleasure”?

While I don't believe in guilty pleasures (I love all kinds of music unironically!), I'm going to say that "Backstreet's Back" by the Backstreet Boys is undeniably danceable. There, I said it.

8. What was the last great concert you saw?

I had the opportunity to see the Who in a 1200 seat theater from the third row with our lead singer, Matt. That blew my mind. Otherwise, I was able to catch a few great shows down at SXSW this year, including Ra Ra Riot, that enjoyed a great deal!

9. What tv shows are you currently following?

TV is a passion of mine, so that's a lengthy answer. In terms of shows currently on the air, Matt and I are both digging Weeds Season 5, and I'm following So You Think You Can Dance, which I think is the most talent loaded show on TV. I love to dance, but man, those people are superhuman. Beyond that, we watch a lot of Colbert Report and Daily Show and a boatload of cartoons.

10. What’s one film you watch over and over again?

Purple Rain by Prince. Easily.

11. And finally…who’s your favourite New Kid on the Block (Donnie, Danny, Joey, Jordan, or Jonathan)?

Donnie. He's the tough one with the soft center and he's got mad family hookups!

Infinite Playlist: The Main Drag - Yours As Fast As Mine

2 comments:

Rieds 24 June 2009 at 13:30  

Re: "Which album boasts the best cover art?"

Good question. :)

Anonymous,  22 November 2009 at 21:18  

Hello
http://www.geomaticsoman.com/ - purchase ambien
In the event this happens, notify your physician in order for him to give you an alternative medication.
[url=http://www.geomaticsoman.com/]zolpidem drug[/url]
• Danger of falling accidentally and having injuries are common to elderly taking Ambien.
order ambien online
• Danger of falling accidentally and having injuries are common to elderly taking Ambien.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP