My Fav Tracks Of 2K9

>> Tuesday 29 December 2009

Phew! That was exhausting!

I spent the better part of my afternoon scouring the 2009 ranks, trying to cobble together my all-star-song team of 2K9, part of my lifelong goal (that I started two years back...sadly) of composing a best-of cd at the end of every year. Then, returning years, perhaps decades, later and seeing which were timeless and which were relatively ephemeral.

I just finished crossing the t's and dotting the lowercase j's on this year's choice cuts, so, without further rambling, here are my favourite tracks, in playlist order.

1. Ohbijou – Intro To Season
2. Neon Indian – Deadbeat Summer
3. Au Revoir Simone – Anywhere You Looked
4. Phoenix – Fences
5. The xx – VCR
6. The Rural Alberta Advantage – The Air
7. Kings of Convenience – Mrs. Cold
8. Volcano Choir – Island, Is
9. The Dirty Projectors – Stillness Is The Move
10. Delorean – Deli
11. Japandroids – Sovereignty
12. Jay-Z – Empire State Of Mind (feat. Alicia Keys)
13. Sunset Rubdown – Idiot Heart
14. Timber Timbre – Until The Night Is Over
15. Junior Boys – Dull To Pause
16. YACHT – Ring the Bell
17. Neko Case – This Tornado Loves You
18. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Soft Shock
19. The National – So Far Round The Bend

What were some of your best-loved tracks of the past 365?

Infinite Playlist: See Above!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP