WOW - White Stripes at the MTS Centre on July 2nd

>> Thursday 26 April 2007


The White Stripes announced a massive North American tour and there are - count 'em - 18 Canadian dates! That has to be some sort of a record. If anything, they have to be the biggest band ever to play Nunavut, NWT, Yukon, and PEI.

Nunavut? How many people will possibly show up? Wait. I should rephrase that. How many poeple CAN possibly show up? I am intrigued by this.

The tour, of course, includes a stop in the 'Peg on July 2nd. No ticket information is available yet, but if you're a member of their fan club I think you get first dibs. I've yet to attend a show at the MTS Centre so I figure I'll pop my cherry and try to get tix for this event.

Other news...

Frank Zappa's son Dweezil (Dweezil?) is playing songs from his father's catalogue at the Centennial Concert Hall on July 18th. His group is called Zappa Plays Zappa, which pretty much explains their schtick. Tix for this event go on sale May 4th and start at $45.50. Zounds!

Weird Al Yankovic is paying a visit to our fair city on June 20th in support of his latest record Straight Outta Lynwood. The show is at the MTS Centre and tix go on sale tomorrow. I used to love when Weird Al would take over MuchMusic for the day. Hilarious times!

Classic Pop star Josh Groban is also playing the MTS Centre on August 12th. Tix max out at $125. Double Zounds!


Current rotation: Ottawa/NJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP