The Time Traveler's Blog

>> Wednesday 16 April 2008

During lunch today I was reading Audrey Niffenegger's audacious, wonderfully realized debut novel The Time Traveler's Wife when my boss asked me a question: If you could travel back in time just once, where would you go and what would you do?

Now, admittedly, this very big question isn't easy to answer. I suspect the normal, thoughtful mind would want to re-experience some halcyon days of youth or some intense ____ experience (I run a clean blog so I omitted the word); or warn one's self about getting involved with someone destined to break one's heart; or mention the long-term consequences that will come from not studying for an exam or test; or prevent some World atrocity from occurring; or meet somebody famous who's now dead (or maybe they're not dead yet, but you could travel back to, say, minutes ago, anywhere in the world); or etc.

My abnormal, self-absorbed mind didn't consider the above possibilities until well into late afternoon. I instantly thought about all the concerts I could attend now that time wasn't a factor. Beatles and Dylan and Sex Pistols and Joy Division and Clash and Doors! Oh My! My mind forged away trying to find that one essential concert that would likely blow me away -- hopefully forever altering my sense of self -- if I attended. The thing is though, I don't
regularly listen to the bands I just listed (I have a hard enough time keeping up with 2008 releases), so witnessing these historical concerts would be just to be there. I realized that given the opportunity I'd feel it were my duty as a music aficionado to be there without truly wanting to be. So I listened to my heart and arrived at this: Radiohead at Glastonbury 97. Ok Computer.

Which concert would you attend?

***
Neil Diamond (?!) will be playing the MTS Centre on Sept 14th. Ticket info not available yet.

The Black Crowes are at the Burt on July 15th.

Motley Crue is at the MTS Centre on August 17th w/ Buck Cherry, Papa Roach, Sixx A.M. and Trapt. Tix range from the moderate ($39.50) to the exorbitant (229.50).

Buck 65's April 29th show at the Garrick has been moved to the WECC. Tix for the Garrick show will be honoured at the WECC.

Def Leppard's show tonight at the MTS Centre has been postponed.

Current rotation: M83 - Saturdays=Youth

2 comments:

Anonymous,  18 April 2008 at 04:47  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mykael 18 April 2008 at 14:38  

The deleted comment was some BS spam. -Mykael

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP