To Minneapolis...And Beyond!

>> Thursday 26 June 2008

Evenin' All.

So this summer I've had the unfortunate pleasure of living vicariously through friends as they traveled the globe to see bands I love (or who now reside in a city all bands include in their itinerary). So far this summer I've 'experienced':

1. A Toronto-Based friend checking out The Cure
2. My girlfriend hitting Rilo Kiley in New York
3. An ocean-crossing friend seeing Radiohead in Spain

And as for me, well, I worked, which is respectable...I guess.

However, earlier I decided to do something about this by scoring tickets to Sigur Ros's September 25th show in Magical Minneapolis, USA. It's been almost a year-and-a-half since I've ventured out to see a show and I gotta tell ya, it's a pleasure to be back in the club.

Let the three month countdown commence!

***

Another entry to the patent-pending
Super-Fun All-Star Sunshine Music Review

Artist: El Guincho
Album: Alegranza!


(above: album cover)

My one sentence review: "Buy this album or steal it (if you're that kind of person) and you'll be happily dancing around to this contagious Animal Collective-ish tropical-pop....just like me"


Current rotation: El Guincho - Alegranza! / Sigur Ros - New One

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP