In Reflection...The Top Ten Records Of 2010, As Voted Upon By Painting Over Silence Readers

>> Monday 20 December 2010

First of all, much thanks to everyone who cobbled together lists and sent them in. As was the case with previous years', your picks were a veritable pleasure to read and sort through, and I discovered many new and exciting sounds that I somehow missed or overlooked (like The Black Keys).

Second, the ten records listed below were chosen by readers only and does not include my person picks. These should come tomorrow, baring an untimely bout of procrastination.

Third, the winning, and therefore most favoured, album received two first place votes, three second place, and a heckuva lot of 3-10 votes. As much as the second place finisher tried to keep pace, it could not overcome the torrents of love PoS readers showered on the first place finisher.

Four, for the first time since I began conducting this poll, there were no ties. It certainly helps that I received a record number of lists this year, so thanks again.

Fifth, while I won't be publishing individual lists, please feel free to share your picks in the comments.

Without further delay, I present the top ten album of 2K10...as voted by Painting Over Silence Readers (in descending order):


10. Tokyo Police Club – Champ


9. Jim Bryson & The Weakerthans – The Falcon Lake Incident


8. Caribou – Swim


7. Broken Social Scene – Forgiveness Rock Record


6. Vampire Weekend – Contra
 
5. The Black Keys – Brothers


4. Kanye West – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy


3. Spoon – Transference


2. Arcade Fire – The Suburbs


1. The National – High Violet 

12 comments:

Anonymous,  20 December 2010 at 21:51  

no karkwa????

isaacq,  21 December 2010 at 06:02  

*yyyaaawwwnnnn*

way to be fucking predictable and boring, winnipeg.

no offense to you, mykael. great job compiling the list and running this tremendous site.

Rieds 21 December 2010 at 08:30  

"If you do write a comment about an album AND it makes the final top 10 cut, I’ll be posting all comments about that record." Lies!

Mykael 21 December 2010 at 08:56  

There were almost no comments, so I decided not to publish them since it would look, well, spare.

Meant to mention that under point #5.

jakes1223,  21 December 2010 at 09:37  

Yo isaacq. I'm really happy for you, I'm going to let you finish, but grace me with your fucking unpredictable and exciting top 10 list.

Michael Elves 21 December 2010 at 10:36  

Apologies for not participating Mykael - I didn't finalize my Top Albums in time for the Saturday deadline...

Torrent Download 21 December 2010 at 12:25  

Very interesting huh.. Thanks a lot!

Danner 21 December 2010 at 13:38  

I'm glad to see Tokyo Police Club made the cut. Champ was a very pleasant surprise.

willlllllll,  21 December 2010 at 13:55  

nice list - about how i expected.

how about we start a list of top 10 shows we saw this year?..
ok, i'll start,

10: Massive Attack @ Malkin Bowl (Vancouver)
9: Delorean @ Biltmore (Vancouver)
8: Weakerthans @ WECC
7: Bahamas @ Park
6: Flaming Lips @ Walker
5: Arcade Fire @ MTSC
4: John K. Samson @ WFF
3: Caribou @ WECC
2: Broken Social Scene @ Walker
1: Neil Young @ CCH

Mykael 21 December 2010 at 14:08  

Great list, Will. Mine should come tomorrow.

Re: Karkwa. The 2010 Polaris winners weren't on a single list I received...

Anonymous,  21 December 2010 at 18:48  

Black Keys was my favorite of the year, as boring as that may be...

Sarah,  22 December 2010 at 12:58  

I'm surprised Beach House didn't make the list? I thought that was a favorite for almost everybody this year.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP