Nathan, certainly one of Winnipeg's premier musical acts

>> Sunday 25 February 2007


On Friday night I hit Nathan's sold out cd release at the West End and if you weren't in attendance, you certainly missed out on a great show. I am deeply impressed by how consistent Nathan are as live performers -- I've seen them several times now, and I haven't once been disappointed. How many performers can you say that about?

Throughout Friday night's show I was engaged and not once did my attention falter during their hour long set of folk/pop/country songs. They played their latest album,
Key Principles, in its entirety and while I absolutely adore listening to that record, watching the band perform it live has heightened my overall enjoyment of it. When I revisit the album now, I can fondly look back at the show in a kind of complementary way. This is what I experience when I listen to Sigur Ros' music ever since I saw them perform live.

That's twice in as many posts I've mentioned my Sigur Ros experience. To this day, no act I've ever seen live have been more impressive than Sigur Ros, but Nathan sure come close.

Current roation: Sparklehorse/Yo La Tengo/My Bloody Valentine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP