Marmalade Fires

>> Friday 30 November 2007

Maybe it's the near-absolute zero weather outside or perhaps it's just that I haven't been out of town for awhile, but I have this irrepressible urge to travel and catch a show. This, of course, typically means a road trip to Minneapolis to see a celebrated artist who, for some reason, never graces our humble city with their presence (high entertainment taxes is the rumour). Anyways, I also felt like making a list today, so this effectively met my today's list quota.

Top 5 bands I'd skip school and work and birthdays and anniversaries and funerals (ok, maybe not funerals. Although...) to go see in Minny:

1. Iron and Wine
2. Sigur Ros*
3. Kings of Convenience
4. Mum
5. Peter Bjorn and John

*They are the only entry from this illustrious list that I've already seen. I loved their show so much, I'll gladly travel to Minny and see it again.

You Say Party! We Say Die! hit the Albert on December 13th with The Gorgon. Tix $12 @ Into The Music, Music Trader, and Ticket Workshop.

Tele play the Park Theatre on December 14th. Tix $10 @ Park Theatre.

Sonata Arctica are at the West End on February 8th with Visions of Atlantis. Tix $25 @ Ticket Workshop.

Current rotation: The Twilight Sad - Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters / Radiohead - In Rainbows

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP