Where Are Your Friends Tonight?

>> Monday 26 November 2007

I apologize for my hasty, relatively short post about Stars' Saturday evening show. I spent most of yesterday franticly and painstakingly working on a paper that was already past due, and decided, for once, to prioritize. The paper trumped everything, including innocuous blog posts.

Anyways...more thoughts on the show.

Profound realization #1: There were approximately 80x more people at Stars' show Saturday night than there were the first time I saw them at The Pyramid many moons ago(this is assuming Sat's show was sold out - it seemed near capacity at least). While Stars are certainly a band who deserves their success and I'm glad to see their fan base rapidly expanding (they're spreading the love after all), for the record, seeing them on that memorable night four years ago with about 20 others kicked ass. I still have the poster from that show in my hallway.

Profound realization #2: For probably the first time ever, I was above the median age of fellow concert attendees. 25 isn't that old, is it? When I mentioned this to a slightly older audiophile yesterday, he simply replied, "Get used to it". I will! I plan on rockin' until I'm in my mid 50s...at least.

Profound realization #3: I enjoy opening act Miracle Fortress a lot better at home, blasting through my speakers. Their live show just didn't cut it for me.

No show news lately...strange.

Current rotation: LCD Soundsystem -
Sound of Silver

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP