Wilco - Live At The Burt

>> Saturday 3 May 2008

Wilco rock. Seriously.

My memory, however, does not. Once again, I forgot to check beforehand if my digital camera batteries were charged (they weren't) so I have no pictures. Sorry about the lack of visuals.

Anyways, I caught Wilco last night at the Burt for the second time in as many years, and while I didn't love this show as much as the previous one, this was still a very good concert. The Chicago-based sextet played a lengthly set (almost two-and-a-half hours) including an unprecedented eight song encore. The set itself comprised a healthy mix from their six album discography including personal favourites "Outtasite (Outta Mind)", "Heavy Metal Drummer" from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and "You Are My Face" off recent release Sky Blue Sky.

A lot of the songs performed were fan requested through their website (something I sheepishly wasn't aware of) and I have to admit, some mid-set tracks failed to maintain my interest, and I drifted off occasionally. Whether this resulted from the tracks selected by fans, I don't know. Something to think about anyways.

The eight song encore though, kicked butt.

Current rotation: mum - Go Go Smear The Poison Ivy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP