All We Are Is Our Memories

>> Saturday 17 November 2007

I'd say, oh I don't know, maybe twice a year I have what I deem to be a "great idea". I'm hard pressed to recall if I've even had my first one yet this year, and if I have, well, it couldn't have been that great since I don't remember it.

That being said, last week I had my first grand-slam thought of the year (I was due). An inkling so profound and exciting, I've been thinking about it non-stop ever since. I decided that, starting at the end of this year, I'm going to make a yearly cd composed entirely of my favourite tracks from the year. These will be tracks that affected me viscerally over the year; ones that I listened to over and over; songs that reminded me why I love music so much; music that, hopefully, withstands time's trying tests when I sit down in the future and revisit the cd.

And the plan is, to repeat this until I’m old enough that I don’t take music as seriously (I dread that day).

Stay tuned for this illustrious list.

Let’s hope I have another brilliant idea this year. Only 1.5 months left.

Current rotation: M83 (Don't Save Us From The Flames) / Sigur Ros (Takk)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP