The Modest Mouse Experience

>> Thursday 8 November 2007

And so, I left my apartment at 6:30 and didn't get home until 12:30; therefore, I am really tired so this'll be brief.

Overall, the show was great.

The first band was decent (I can't remember their name) but the second band, Man Man, was exceptional. The five guys treated the crowd to about a 40 minute long set of energetic tunes, heavy on the percussion. They had four small sets of drums, keyboards, a glockenspiel, a xylophone, and everyday kitchen pots (yes, pots). Truly dynamic stuff - reminded me of Animal Collective.

Modest Mouse proved to be quite the entertainers too. Their set was around two hours long, including the encore, and I was deeply impressed by lead singer Isaac Brock's endless energy - perhaps he fed off Man Man's set. They played a lot of my favourites including: "Tiny Cities Made of Ashes", "Paper Thin Walls", and "Float On". Unfortunately, they didn't play my favourite track off their recent release: "Missed The Boat". Oh well. I really wish I brought my camera (I took the warning on my ticket way too seriously - everyone had cameras!). Double oh well.

I'm tired. This post is likely laden with errors, so I'll fix them tomorrow.

Current rotation: Mum (Finally)

2 comments:

moc 8 November 2007 at 01:41  

Love as Laughter:

http://retnamusicblog.wordpress.com/2007/11/01/modest-mouseman-man-tour-kicks-off-tonight/

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP