They Put a Parking Lot on a Piece of Land

>> Tuesday 13 November 2007

So.

I was analyzing my last.fm stats the other day and was surprised to learn I had surpassed the 30,000 tracks listened to mark.

For those unfamiliar with last.fm, it's a site that registers music you've been listening to on your computer through a plug-in you install in a media player. The plug-in is available on their site. I must admit, it's kinda cool analyzing music listening statistics and learning which tracks and bands I listen to most.

Who cares about this? Well, me for starters.

As of this week, the band I've listened to most is Mum, at a whopping 1, 868 tracks played. Zounds! That's 600 more than silver medalist Yo La Tengo.

As for overall tracks, Iron and Wine's "Naked As We Came" recently took over top spot after an epic battle with Mum's "Don't Be Afraid, You Have Just Got Your Eyes Closed." Both parties fought bravely, but in the end, we could only have one winner.

Of course, this site only monitors what I've been listening to on my computer - not on my home stereo, ipod, cd player alarm clock, nor in my car. For the record, I don't normally listen to Iron and Wine nor Mum in my car nor at the gym.

A statistical analysis of music habits...what great fun.

Current rotation: Peter Bjorn and John (
Writer's Block) / Kings of Convenience (Riot on an Empty Street)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP